Thursday, September 8, 2022

The Good Teacher

 The Good Teacher
by Henry Van Dyke


The Lord is my Teacher,
I shall not lose the way.

He leadeth me in the the lowly path of
learning,
He prepareth a lesson for me every
day;
He bringeth me to the clear foun-
tains of instruction;
Little by little he showeth me the
beauty of truth.

The world is a great book that he
hath written,
He turneth the leaves for me slowly;
They are all inscribed with images
and letters
He poureth light on the pictures and
the words.

He taketh me by the hand to the
hilltop of vision,
And my soul is glad when I perceive
his meaning;
In the valley also he whispereth to
my heart.

Even tho my lesson be hard it is not
hopeless,
For the Lord is patient with his slow
scholar;
He will wait a while for my weak-
ness,
And help me to read the truth thru
tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment